As scandals in show business and politics demonstrate, sexual harassment hasn’t gone away.
From a study conducted by Cosmopolitan magazine come these unsettling facts:
• 1 in 3 women age 18-34 say they’ve been sexually harassed at work.
• Eighty-one percent say their harassment was verbal.
• Forty-four percent have experienced unwanted touching or sexual advances.
• Twenty-five percent have received lewd texts or emails.
• Seventy-one percent did not report anything.
• The three industries with the highest reported level of sexual harassment are food service/hospitality (42 percent), retail (36 percent), and STEM (31 percent, tied with arts and entertainment).