Taking precautions to keep all staff, volunteers, and constituents safe during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Alzheimer’s Association Greater Pennsylvania Chapter continues to offer virtual support groups for dementia caregivers through the end of the year.
Virtual support groups are held 2-3:30 p.m. the first and second Thursdays of the month and 6-7:30 p.m. the third Thursday of the month.
Attendees can participate via computer or phone.
Register for a virtual support group at www.alz.org/events or by calling (800) 272-3900. Space is limited.
The Alzheimer’s Association is also offering free virtual webinars in November:
• COVID-19 and Caregiving – Nov. 3, 10-11:30 a.m.; Nov. 4, 2-3:30 p.m.
• Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia – Nov. 10, 10-11:30 a.m.
• Understanding and Responding to Dementia-Related Behavior – Nov. 11, 6-7:30 p.m.
• 10 Warning Signs – Nov. 17, 10-11:30 a.m.
• Effective Communication Strategies – Nov. 18, 6-7:30 p.m.
Registration for the webinars is required. Visit www.alz.org/crf or call the Alzheimer’s Association Helpline at (800) 272-3900.