The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program is again offering free tax service for York County taxpayers, especially adults 50 and older with low or moderate income, during the 2023 tax season.
There is no fee and AARP membership is not required.
Taxpayers should bring their photo ID and proof of Social Security or ITIN numbers for anyone on the tax return, including children or other claimed dependents. Also, last year’s tax return is helpful if available.
AARP Tax-Aide volunteers can prepare most personal income tax returns, including those with basic self-employment income.
They are not trained to do business returns such as corporate, partnership, limited partnership, farm income, or rental income.
Appointments can be made by calling the following locations or online at yorkaarptaxaide.com.
- Aldersgate United Methodist Church, York – (717) 771-9042
- Delta Senior Center – (717) 456-5753
- Dover Township Library – (717) 292-6814
- Hanover Church of the Brethren – (717) 633-6353
- Living Word Community Church, Red Lion – (717) 771-9042
- Messiah United Methodist Church, York – (717) 771-9042
- Red Land Senior Center, Lewisberry – (717) 938-4649
- St. Matthew Lutheran Church, York – (717) 771-9042
- Shrewsbury Grace United Methodist Church – (717) 993-3488
- Susquehanna Senior Center, Craley – (717) 640-5006
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Wrightsville – (717) 640-5006
- Union Fire Company, Manchester – (717) 771-9042
- Windy Hill on the Campus, Spring Grove – (717) 640-5006
- York Alliance Church – (717) 771-9042
Last year in York County, nearly 100 volunteers filed more than 3,800 federal, state, and local income tax returns at 16 different county locations.