The York County Area Agency on Aging, in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, is again offering the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program to eligible York County seniors both in person and by mail, now through Sept. 15.
This program provides $24 in vouchers to eligible seniors to buy fresh fruit and vegetables from participating local farm markets.
York County residents are eligible to participate if they are 60 years of age or older by Dec. 31, 2022, and have a total gross annual household income at or below $25,142 ($2,095 per month) for a single person; $33,874 ($2,823 per month) for a two-person household; and $42,606 ($3,550 per month) for three people.
All income is included when calculating total gross income. Both residents of a two-person household may receive vouchers if their combined total income is within the income requirements.
Individuals are eligible to receive the vouchers only once per calendar year. The vouchers can be redeemed between June 1 and Nov. 30 on fruits and vegetables grown in Pennsylvania.
Residents of nursing homes, personal care homes, or any residential facility where meals are provided are not eligible to receive vouchers.
Completed applications are required to receive vouchers in person or by mail.
An application must be completed to receive the vouchers and can be obtained by downloading it from ycaaa.org, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling the office at (717) 771-9610, or by contacting your local senior center.
Distribution times are 9:30-11:30 a.m. unless otherwise noted. Locations include:
- June 8 – Crispus Attucks Association, 605 S. Duke St., York
- June 10 – Golden Connections Community Center, 20-C Gotham Place, Red Lion
- June 14 – Windy Hill on the Campus, 1472 Roth’s Church Road, Spring Grove
- June 17 – Northeastern Senior Community Center, 131 Center St., Mount Wolf
- June 21 – Susquehanna Area Senior Center, 2427 Craley Road, Wrightsville
- June 23 – South Central York County Senior Center, 150 E. Main St., New Freedom
- June 27 – Heritage Senior Center, 3700 Davidsburg Road, Dover
- June 29 – Delta Area Senior Center, 5 Pendyrus St., Delta
- June 30 – Red Land Senior Center, 736 Wyndamere Road, Lewisberry
- July 8 – Dillsburg Senior Activity Center, 1 N. Second St., Dillsburg
- July 13 – Stewartstown Senior Center, 26 S. Main St., Stewartstown
- July 15 (9-11:30 a.m.) – White Rose Senior Center, 27 S. Broad St., York
- July 19 – Brown’s Orchards Pavilion, 8892 Susquehanna Trail South, Loganville
- July 21 – Flinchbaugh’s Orchards Pavilion, 110 Ducktown Road, York
- July 26 – Yorktown Senior Center, 509 Pacific Ave., York
- July 28 – St. Matthew Lutheran Church, 30 W. Chestnut St., Hanover
- Sept. 8 – York County Government Building, 2401 Pleasant Valley Road, York
No vouchers will be distributed at the York County Area Agency on Aging office. For more information, contact the York County Area Agency on Aging at (717) 771-9610.