Many of the Lancaster County Office of Aging senior centers have produce vouchers left over from the June 2018 distribution.
The nutrition vouchers, valued at $20, can be exchanged for Pennsylvania-grown fruits and vegetables through November at participating farmers markets and roadside stands.
Each person is eligible to receive vouchers only once per year. An individual must also be at least 60 years of age, reside in Lancaster County, and have an annual household income of less than $22,459 for one person or less than $30,451 for two.
Those living in nursing homes or other residential facilities where meals are provided are not eligible for this program.
Persons unable to pick up the vouchers may have a proxy or representative go on their behalf but need to have a completed proxy form to receive the vouchers. To receive a proxy form by mail, call your local senior center.
Vouchers are available on a first-come, first-served basis; eligible individuals are encouraged to call the center beforehand.
• Columbia Senior Center – 510 Walnut St., Columbia, (717) 684-4850
• Elizabethtown Area Senior Center – 70 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown, (717) 367-7984
• Lancaster Neighborhood Senior Center – 33 E. Farnum St., Lancaster, (717) 299-3943
• Lancaster Rec. Commission Senior Center – 525 Fairview Ave., Lancaster, (717) 399-7671
• Lititz Senior Center – 201 E. Market St., Lititz, (717) 626-2800
• Millersville Senior Center – 222 N. George St., Millersville, (717) 871-9600
• Next Generation/Solanco Senior Center – 184 S. Lime St., Quarryville, (717) 786-4770
• SACA Senior Center – 545 Pershing Ave., Lancaster, (717) 295-7989