Health & Wellness
- Written by Megan Joyce Megan Joyce
Although some sports require an outdoor setting — baseball, football — there are plenty that can be enjoyed indoors, away from the blistering sun of mid-July.
- Written by Suzy Cohen Suzy Cohen
Couples have plans, but after the C-word is dropped, those plans change to unite a couple in the medical process.
- Written by Victor M. Parachin Victor M. Parachin
When Sheryl Sandberg’s husband, aged 47, died suddenly, she experienced a fear that was “constant” and a feeling that the “anguish would never subside.”
- Written by Claire Galloway Claire Galloway
Being sick is bad enough. When your illness is difficult to diagnose, it’s even harder. But when you’re sick, suffering from mysterious symptoms, and your doctor dismisses your concerns — and you — it’s worse still.
- Written by Susan Jaffe Susan Jaffe
Physical therapy helps Leon Beers, 73, get out of bed in the morning and maneuver around his home using his walker. Other treatment strengthens his throat muscles so that he can communicate and swallow food, said his sister, Karen Morse.
- Written by Sara Zeff Geber Ph.D. Sara Zeff Geber Ph.D.
If you are like me, a child-free Solo Ager, you have a more limited network of relationships than your parent peers.