Social Security News: Online Reporting Form Now Available for Scam Calls
Andrew Saul, commissioner of Social Security, and Gail S. Ennis, the inspector general for the...
Plan-Change Deadline for Community HealthChoices Approaching
Department of Human Services Secretary Teresa Miller and Department of Aging Secretary Robert...
Traveltizers: An Unlikely Place for Miracles
Alabama is not a place where I normally expect to find miracles. Bushes may burn, but angels don’t...
Keep Winter Weather, Crowds from Ruining Travel Plans
November and December tend to be two of the busiest months to travel. It was reported that around...
Looking on the Bright Side
Living long and living well require individuals to adopt a positive attitude and hopeful outlook...
Grief Relief: Tips for Facing the New Year While Grieving
Grieving is taxing on mind, body, and spirit. While it can be tough to face each new day, the...
In The Kitchen
Senior Games Returning to Lebanon County
- Written by Megan Joyce Megan Joyce
- Category: Events and Reviews Events and Reviews
- Published: 13 May 2019 13 May 2019
Lebanon County athletes over age 50 are encouraged to sign up for the 34th annual Lebanon County Senior Games, to be held May 13–17 at various area locations.
Begun in 1985, the Senior Games promote healthy lifestyles and physical fitness in the county’s senior population.
The annual event also provides a forum for older adults to compete with peers and be recognized for their athletic achievements, according to the Senior Games’ webpage (www.lebanonymca.org/2019/04/34th-annual-senior-games).
Participants may register in an unlimited number of events, and gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded for all events, with some also awarding medals in subdivided age groups.
The deadline for registration is May 8 and requires a fee of $15, which includes a t-shirt, awards, and refreshments.
Any cancelations must occur before the registration deadline to receive a full refund. Registration forms can be obtained at www.lebanonymca.org or by calling (717) 273-2691.
Forms and entry fees should be returned to Lebanon Valley Family YMCA, c/o Darin Pickles, 201 N. Seventh St., Lebanon, PA 17046.
The 2019 Lebanon County Senior Games schedule of events is:
Monday, May 13
• Table Tennis – 10 a.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
• 100-Meter Swim – 11 a.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
• Pickleball – 1 p.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
Tuesday, May 14
• 1.5-Mile Walk – 8 a.m. at Myerstown Fairlane Park
• Bocce Ball – 9:30 a.m. at Myerstown Fairlane Park
• Disc Golf – 1 p.m. at Myerstown Fairlane Park
Wednesday, May 15
• Miniature Golf – 9 a.m. at Yogey’s Miniature Golf Course
• Pickleball, Male Doubles – 1:30 p.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
Thursday, May 16
• Cornhole – 9 a.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
• Billiards – 10:30 a.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
• Pickleball, Female Doubles B (Intermediate) – 11 a.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
• Pickleball, Female Doubles A (Advanced) – 1 p.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
Friday, May 17
• Basketball Foul Shooting – 8:30 a.m. at AES Ironwood Park
• Softball Throw – 9:30 a.m. at AES Ironwood Park
• Horseshoes – 10:30 a.m. at AES Ironwood Park
Wednesday, May 29
• Senior Health and Fitness Day Picnic and Award Ceremony – 9 a.m. at South Hills Park
Sponsors for the 2019 Lebanon Senior Games include Aetna Coventry, Community Health Council of Lebanon County 50+ Festival, Juniper Village, Lebanon County Area Agency on Aging, WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital, Lebanon Valley Family YMCA, and 50plus LIFE.